Ocean City Maryland’s premier paddlesport and kayak outfitter
Open by Appointment 443-513-0889
Ayers Creek Adventures is a family owned and operated business located on scenic Ayers Creek. The owners, Steven and Suzy Taylor, live on Ayers Creek and have enjoyed exploring the surrounding waterways for many years. Their desire is to share the beauty of this magnificent resource with others in an environmentally sensitive way. Ayers Creek Adventures provides exclusive access to the creek through kayak, canoe, and Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) rentals, guided eco tours, kayak instruction, and group events.
Steven grew up on Ayers Creek and has spent many hours exploring the local creeks and streams. He has worked in the environmental field for 20 years and has extensive knowledge of the local waters and environmental protection measures. Steven is a founding member and was the original director of the Maryland Coastal Bays Program, a non-profit environmental conservation organization.
Suzy grew up near the Youghiogheny River in Southwestern PA where she developed a love of everything outdoors. She enjoyed many years paddling the river before being lured to the calm beauty of Maryland’s coastal bays. She has been visiting and exploring the area for over 25 years and has a strong appreciation for this beautiful natural resource.
Located upon a beautiful waterway with minimal public access we seek to provide a low-cost option for all to enjoy this magnificent resource. Our location has easy access from Assateague Road (Route 376) and is convenient to both Ocean City and Assateague Island.
Receive 25% off your paddle with Ayers Creek Adventure during your birth week. Valid for Forested Wetlands Tour, Salt Marsh Tour, and kayak rentals. Discount applies to birthday celebrant only. Reservations required. Must mention Birthday Special when making your reservations. Proof of birthday may be requested.
May not be combined with other offers. If your birthday falls in the off-season (November – March) you may take advantage of this special in April or May.
May 22 through June 7. $5 off Tours and $2 off rentals. Please mention this offer when booking your tour. May not be combined with other offers.
Kayak Storage and Launch
Secure Indoor Storage for your Kayak, Stand Up Paddle Board, or Canoe
Store your boat or board at Ayers Creek Adventures and enjoy unlimited launches from our location. Year Round Access Available.
Includes 10% off rentals when your friends and family join you for a paddle on Ayers Creek
- Monthly $25
- Season (May-Sept) $100
- Annual $225
We sell some of our gently used high quality Wilderness Systems kayaks and Harmony Gear at the end of the season.
Check Back in mid September for used kayak and equipment sale information.
For the safety or our employees and customers, Ayers Creek Adventures is implementing the following procedures during the Covid-19 crisis.
- We encourage you to call ahead before visiting. In doing so we can have your equipment ready to go and get you on the water quickly. This will help us to manage the timing of your arrival to avoid overlap with multiple groups.
- Group size is limited to no more than 10 participants.
- We are implementing a digital waiver system to enable you to sign our waiver via your smart phone or other device prior to arrival. Complete waiver here: Ayers Creek Adventures Liability Waiver
- To limit contact, we can accept credit card payment in advance over the phone or use a touchless scan of your credit card on site. We will also be accepting payment by cash or check on site. We will sanitize all work surfaces between customers.
- Please help us maintain safe social distancing standards by allowing at least 6 feet of space between your group and other groups that may be present at the same time.
- Employees will wear face coverings when close contact with a client is required, such as check-in, fitting PFDs, and launching kayaks or paddle boards. We request that our customers do the same. Once on the water it is fine to remove your face covering.
- We will sanitize all equipment after each use. If you prefer to use your own PFD and/or paddle we encourage you to do so.
- It is difficult for us to obtain hand sanitizer and wipes and we have limited supplies. You are encouraged to bring you own hand sanitizer and/or wipes for use during your visit.
Thank you for your help in controlling the spread.
2020 Operating Hours
Ayers Creek Location: Currently Open daily from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Sunrise and Sunset Tours by appointment.
Ocean Pines Location: Currently Open weekends from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Opening weekdays begining June 22.
Please call in advance for our Ayers Creek location, to help us monitor number of groups on site, 443-513-0889
Find more things to do and see in KAYAK Ocean City Travel Guide